lots of blossom and a birthday

Capturing the spring blossom before it fades for another year!  Emma Lamb

Hello my dears! Today is such a lovely day, we seem to have never ending sunny weather! It is unseasonably warm and the blossom trees are still in full swing as the distinct lack of April showers hasn't cut them down in their prime, which can happen all too often here. This is just a wee peek at some of the prettiest ones in our local park this morning...


Capturing the spring blossom before it fades for another year!  Emma Lamb
Capturing the spring blossom before it fades for another year!  Emma Lamb
Capturing the spring blossom before it fades for another year!  Emma Lamb

Today is a very special day too, not only is there all this loveliness to be enjoyed but there is also a birthday to be celebrated as my wee man turns six today! Which means lots of singing 'Happy Birthday' and all kinds of doggy treats wrapped up in layer upon layer of newspaper. If there is one thing my wee man loves it is his food and the second thing on his list would be ripping open parcels! Often he's not hugely interested in what is inside those parcels, unless of course it is food, but he does get a ridiculous amount of enjoyment from ripping paper!

My wee man Spanner, another year older! | Emma Lamb
Capturing the spring blossom before it fades for another year!  Emma Lamb

Now I'm off to fish out those rogue pieces of ripped newspaper from under the sofa before I retreat back into my wee studio to continue with the epic tidy up. Which became so epic because I thought it was about time I had a proper clear out instead of just shuffling stuff from one place to another! I have been sorting and sifting through so much gumpf that I had forgotten I had in there, much of it left over from my designing days and a lot of which I don't think I have a need for anymore. Such as a huge heat press that has done nothing but gather dust for the last couple of years! But by doing this it almost feels like I'm giving myself a fresh start and the freedom to consider new ideas..........

Wishing you all the most fabulous day,
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

13 comments

  1. Oh, what a pretty blossom pictures!
    It makes me smile, those beautiful colors...

    And congratulations with your sweet and funny looking wee man!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your wee man he is a cutie. I have had a big tidy up too have a peek at my posts if you wish. I have a cocker spaniel named Dylan who has written a post all by himself - they are very clever aren;t they.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blossom, we have been lucky with the weather. Happy Birthday to your wee man, he looks happy!
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wunderschöne bilder und farben, wow!!!
    ganz liebe grüße aus deutschland und frohe ostern, angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sat writing this with our Cocker Spaniel curled up beside me! They are truly special dogs . Your wee man looks particularly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blossom is truely beautiful this year. :)
    Happy Birthday to Spanner, he is such a handsome boy!!!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures of the blossoms! Wish your wee man a happy birthday for me, with a big squeeze thrown in for luck.
    xo Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  8. More birthday greeting to your wee man. May he enjoy tearing through wrapping papers for many more years. The happiness of pups is infectious, isn't it?

    I also applaud you on your current assault on gumpf. You've made me laugh (a laugh filled with recognition) as you describe your attempts at a clear out.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh these photos are just divine, Emma! It really is blooming and sunny over there. isn't it? Happy Birthday to the wee man - love your tale of the ripped newspapers :) Hope your clean up moves along quickly and fruitfully - it is wonderfully cathartic, I agree. Happy Easter! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful spring photos emma-- and happy b-day to your wee man! how sweet he is. best wishes,

    kathi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful photos ... and Happy Birthday to your dear doggie ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh those blossoms are lovely. CHeck out my blossoms as well if you like: http://ascentofrosewood.blogspot.com/

    And happy birthday to the wee man ;)

    Lini

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to your little fellow, he's a cutie! My spaniel also loves shredding paper - we can't leave paper within his reach or he'll carry it off and destroy it ha! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma