colour palette : blooming marvellous

colour palette : blooming marvellous - curated by Emma Lamb
colour palette : blooming marvellous - curated by Emma Lamb
Image credits: 1. Maco*(blue)Sky Walker, 2. Bee Vintage Redux, 3. Maco*(blue)Sky Walker, 4. Sarah Ryhanen

Happy Friday my lovelies!

I do hope you like today's colour palette!? I have to admit that I've had this one hanging around for a wee while, quietly waiting for it's moment to shine. Today is certainly the day! It is perfectly fitting for the grey skies and fabulous blossom trees that are all around Edinburgh this morning. These lovely soft peachy pinks and soothing neutrals are a nice reminder that springs isn't always about bright floral colours and clean sunshine shades.

So as you might have noticed I haven't quite got into a good posting rhythm just yet, my blogging mojo seems to have wandered off and got lost! Not that I've had time to notice with everything else I've been doing this week, which has consisted mostly of stacking my wee shop shelves with more lovely ladies (just a few more to go!) and lots of rubbish admin stuff. Such as sorting through piles of neglected paperwork, filing and shredding as I went and then knuckling down like a very good girl to get my accounts brought bang up to date. I know, so boring but ridiculously satisfying once it was done!

Then this morning while I was lacking in any internet connection I wisely spent my time rescuing this fabulous dresser from the street, much to the amusement and bemusement of passers by. It looks a wee bit worse for wear but mostly it just seems to be surface damage that should disappear once the varnish has been stripped back. I'm now hoping it won't rain this weekend so I can get this lovely lady out into the garden for just such a job. Keep your fingers crossed for me won't you!?

I do hope you have some equally exciting plans planned for this weekend!?
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

15 comments

  1. this one's really pretty-they all look great together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely color palette! good luck w/the dresser! i've found so many great things on the side of the road!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.... such beauty!
    Happy weekend,
    love Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fantastic palette, looks really nice. What a find in the dresser. reminds me of my mother's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colour palette, my mam had a dresser quite similar. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a beautiful palette! gorgeous images! have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pink and grey combination, they're so nice together.

    ps. may I ask how to get photo in that rich colour, is it depend on camera? or light setting? I'd really appreciate if you can tip some advise.

    Thank you, joon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely uplifting colours Emma! This week has been lacking in brightness so today I bought myself a bunch of bright orange gerbera to bring some sunshine inside!
    Have a great weekend and hope you get some dresser stripping weather!! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my favorite color this spring! I can't get enough of that pink-blush-peach so joyful...the color of a summer party! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such beautiful colors. My eyes want to soak it all in.

    Good luck on that dresser! It looks like it has a lot of potential. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Palette...dresser...could you get any more awesome?!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I discovered your beautiful blog and I see you love both the color schemes!
    Soon for colorful photos!
    NEDJ from FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love this color palette. I've been making Mother's Day cards all this weekend and these colors are very similar. I enjoy how nostalgic it makes me feel. They are great colors for furniture as well. Good luck with your dresser. Keep us updated.

    Wrapping up the weekend,
    Carolina

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma