shoptalk : meet the newest ladies

Crochet cushions by Emma Lamb for the Selvedge Spring Fair

Hello, hello, hello!
I'm so sorry for leaving you guys so high and dry on blog posts this week! Seriously, I can't believe it is Friday already... where on earth did the week go!? Since dropping in with my usual post on Monday the week has just vanished in a blur of crochet activity. Which has been great, but today I can't help but feel a wee bit fretful as the Selvedge fair is drawing ever nearer... only three weeks to go! So to tantalise your taste buds here is the first batch of new cushions...


You know, sometimes a group photo like this can make it seem like I haven't been working my ass off at all... So let me put that right with what is almost as obscene amount of photos that we can all swoon over! (I am seriously swooning over these lovely ladies myself and half wondering if and how I can keep some of them for myself... Ha, if I keep thinking like this I'll have nothing to take to the fair!)

Miss Selma, tiny squares patchwork crochet cushion by Emma Lamb
Miss Selma, button detail, tiny squares patchwork crochet cushion by Emma Lamb
Miss Velma, tiny squares patchwork crochet cushion by Emma Lamb
Miss Velma, button detail, tiny squares patchwork crochet cushion by Emma Lamb

These two lovely ladies with their tiny kaleidoscopic squares are Miss Selma and Miss Velma, almost identical twins! It is these two ladies in particular that I am having a few separation issues over.

Mildred, pinwheel patchwork crochet cushion by Emma Lamb
Mildred, pinwheel patchwork crochet cushion by Emma Lamb

This retro fabulous lady is the gorgeous Miss Mildred. I also have quite the soft spot for her as I have spent some time developing her pattern to get it just right and I absolutely love it! She already has a more springy looking sister in the making, but more about her another day!

Gladys, folk circle crochet cushion by Emma Lamb
Gladys, folk circle crochet cushion by Emma Lamb

Ah, the gorgeous Miss Gladys... Perfectly round and so perfectly granny chic, what more could you ask for from a granny cushion!?

Miss Esme, crochet cushion by Emma Lamb
Miss Esme, button detail, crochet cushion by Emma Lamb

Oh, and last but by no means least is Miss Esme... My signature cushion design looking so fresh and fun with her bright spring colours and cute mismatched vintage buttons... :)

Phew, I feel better now!

Eeek, my fingers just realised they haven't been crocheting for over an hour now and are starting to get a wee bit twitchy! Must go and appease their twitching (and my fretfulness) but I will do my very best to pop back later with a pretty colour palette to ease us into the weekend... :)

Until then have fun,
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

29 comments

  1. I think I would have serious separation issue with Misses Selma and Velma too. They are gorgeous very covetable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do such beautiful work and your colour choices are always spot on. The cushions look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EMMA, I DO SO LOVE YOUR WORK. HERE IN THE MIDWEST OF THE U.S., CROCHET IS NOT AS APPRECIATED AS IT IS IN G.B. NOR IS A LOT OF COLOR. RIGHT NOW, IF AN ITEM ISN'T WHITE OR OF A NEUTRAL PALLET, IT DOES NOT SELL! ALSO, THERE IS A LOT OF "MATCHY, MATCHY" IF COLOR IS USED.

    I HAVE ALWAYS ADMIRED THE USE OF COLOR WHEN ON HOLIDAY IN ENGLAND. AND THE APRECIATION FOR CROCHET. I CROCHET A LOT AND HAVE RECENTLY SEEN THAT SOME ARE LIKING THE ART AND THAT BEAUTIFUL ITEMS CAN BE CREATED VIA CROCHET.

    IN THE MEANTIME, I CAN FEAST MY EYES ON THE CREATIONS OF ARTISTS SUCH AS YOURSELF.

    GOOD LUCK AT THE SELVEDGE FAIR. WISH I COULD BE THERE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You HAVE been busy!! The cushions are wonderful! So lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tiny kaleidoscopic squares are definately my favourite. The use of colour is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful work Emma!!
    I can see why you're finding it hard to part with Miss Selma and Miss Velma. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your stuff and so wish I was going to the Selvedge Fair! I'd wrestle with you over Miss Selma and Miss Velma!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emma those cushions rock...selvedge is gonna be a blast ~ rxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love them all but, those patchy squares are amazing! Give yourself some credit dear, you have been working very hard and these are so lovely! You are such a talented maker!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful! I don't think I could part with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. truly gorgeous !!
    I love your color combinations just as much as your patterns !

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fresh and beautiful, I love them all ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. So understandable that you don't want to part with the misses Selma and velma. They are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Each and everyone are simply yummy. Wonderful work lovely. Loves Ionwen XXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emma, every one of these is going to be a hit at the fair. Please do rest your fingers a bit.

    Still wish I could go to that fair, keep getting e-mails from Selvedge telling be about all the creative folks like you who will be present.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my! I will absolutely swoon with you! I LOVE the pillows, fantastic work, well done you! I am in love with the tiny granny pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Emma, everything is perfectly lovely and so beautifully made as always, but (gasp) the TWINS are to die for! Hope you will have the stamina to make some for the e-shop!

    xo judith b.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bloody hell Emma! You're on fire!!
    I am so sure you will blow everyone away at the Selvedge fair. They are all amazing, I keep going from one favourite to another :) I love Miss Mildred's triangles but I also *love* the twins.
    I do hope you get to rest your twitchy fingers a little between now and the fair... Annabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  19. If Miss Gladys or Miss Esme don't get sold at the fair (i can't be there to push everyone outta my way) can I have first dibs? If that's a yes will you email a price so I can work on the 'other half'!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my word! I LOVE THESE GIRLS! I am amazed at how much I love these! I want to look for patterns now and make some of these. Thanks so much for your hard work and then beautiful pictures to give me a smile today. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow wow wow!!! They're all SO gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Blimey Emma! You've been soo busy. I think I might have fallen in love with Miss Selma and Miss Velma, they are stunning ladies. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so wonderful. I would have a hard time giving them up indeed. You and your blog inspire me. Thank you. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete
  24. These pillows are absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, I like those crochet pillow, it really nice design and sweet.... <3

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma