shoptalk : fresh spring flowers

Happy, happy Thursday!

Other than today's very chilly weather, what is not to be happy about when there are piles of pretty spring flowers everywhere I look!? As soon as I had decided to take part in this craft fair I also decided to undertake another mammoth task. I'm not sure how this wee idea got into my head but once it did I just couldn't shift it. This idea was that I should have a stock of garland flowers waiting in the wings, waiting for their moment to shine when a custom order would pop into my inbox. Fabulous idea I thought! Of course that was before I did the math, if I had I am sure I would have thought... 'nah, bugger it!'

pile 'em high! - © emma lamb

But I didn't, so here I am now living in my wee studio with over four hundred colourful wee blooms, and then some! Fingers crossed for some custom orders right? This mountain of flowers includes some brand new colours just in time for the spring, four gorgeous shades including - mustard, silver, soft pink and soft teal...

new for spring - © emma lamb
new for spring - © emma lamb
Mimi, Forever Flower Garland - © emma lamb

I'm so completely in love with these new colours and their softness. They just look so beautiful together and especially so with a wee hint of apple green, as Mimi here is demonstrating so well. She and a pile of other new garlands (that I will show you more of next week) will all be coming to London with me. So while I won't be adding any new garlands to the shop for a wee while, I will be updating the colour options for the 'Design your own' options.

Emma, x

16 comments :

  1. I absolutely love to see your projects. I love your sense of color, and your work is always impeccable. You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they look amazing! Do you use 100% cotton? I really like your coour palettes :-) Good luck at the fair!
    Esther.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love them-great color choices :)
    good luck with your show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours you used for these crocheted 'flowers' are so nice!
    Little pieces of art !

    succes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that's a lot of flowers Emma! Beautiful colors though :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blimey Emma you have been busy, have you been crocheting in your sleep LOL! Wonderful flowers and the new colours are perfect for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emma, those petite towers of crocheted posies are so lovely. You are very wise to make these delicate stockpiles.

    I'd also like to compliment you on your current crocheting palette. Just the right mix of softness and sharper accent tones.

    Remember, rest those hands a bit. Okay, resume crocheting now. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well this is THE way to get those custom orders! What gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely little piles of deliciousness! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I missed your previous post about the Selvedge Spring Fair, but just wanted to say I went last year with my daughter. It was lovely, we were ooohhhing and aaaahhhihg all the way round. It was very hard to choose something to buy, we wanted everything! I'm sure that you will be perfect there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. STUNNING! Lovely colours and lovely eye-candy!!! Have a good week. All the best with the 4 weeks left!

    ReplyDelete
  12. they're gorgeous and I wish you all the best of luck at the Selvedge fair!! I'm sure you'll be a great success!!

    You probably have answered this question millions of times before, but would you mind telling me what yarn you use?

    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. these look absolutely gorgeous Emma...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely love to see your projects.its nice.pictures are looking amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my wee blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will be deleted.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Wishing you a fabulous day!
Emma, x