New Year's Day

New Years Day at the beach, Durham coastline, England | Emma Lamb

A brand new day of a brand new year and I got to spend some of it visiting my most favourite part of the British coastline in North East England. It was dull, damp and grey, but oh so beautiful! The tide was high, the waves were a wee bit choppy and the sound was wonderful. Crashing waves echoing against the cliffs, the trickle of pebbles as the waves flowed back to where they came from and the slight fizzing of the sea foam. Just perfect!


New Years Day at the beach, Durham coastline, England | Emma Lamb
New Years Day at the beach, Durham coastline, England | Emma Lamb
New Years Day at the beach, Durham coastline, England | Emma Lamb

As for new years resolutions, I am a firm believer in those small but achievable goals. None of this nonsense like giving up chocolate to save the inches on the belly, but instead only choose to buy the chocolate I really love even if it is almost twice the price of my usual brand. This way I'm more likely not to buy it so often, therefore savour the wee stash I do have squirreled away and inevitably save those inches! You just can't beat logic like that... ;)

New Years Day at the beach, Durham coastline, England | Emma Lamb
New Years Day at the beach, Durham coastline, England | Emma Lamb
New Years Day at the beach, Durham coastline, England | Emma Lamb

There is one thing in particular that I want to try a wee bit harder at this year and that is my photography, learn how to use my camera properly and and use it as a way to explore my world in all it's pretty details. Now remember I said small, achievable goals so you won't find me sitting down to read my camera manual any time soon. No, I want to learn by doing, I want to make mistakes and discover wee tricks on my own or at least try doing it this way for a wee while. So my resolution is to try and take a few pictures everyday, keep my camera with me whenever possible and see what there is to be seen.
I have to say that so far I'm doing okay, not great, but okay. I have only had one day of 'none photographing' but that was because I was working on a very special project for a very dear friend. I have had a couple of days of last minute pictures before going to bed! Not all of my results are great, mostly okay... but this is only the start of this resolution and hopefully they will get better! Of course I'll be sharing any pictures I'm not ashamed of, that is unless the really bad ones have a 'giggle factor' that I don't mind you all having a wee giggle at!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

9 comments

  1. Wow Emma these are lovely images.. I can really feel the ocean spray on my face. Being at the seaside is a distant memory. thanks for sharing lou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice photos!
    i think they're great-your blog is always full of lovely inspirational pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the beloved trickle of pebbles returning to the sea! It is my favorite part of the beaches here in WA, USA. Sandy beaches just don't sound the same. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos Emma, I can almost smell the sea!
    I love the chocolate theory! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely way to welcome the year!
    good luck with your plans.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures, I love how your dog is camouflaged against the pebbles :) Is this Northumberland?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy, this is just a wee bit further down the coast in Co.Durham... :)
    Emma, x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Durham, really? I didn't know I had such wilderness on my doorstep!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your photography Emma, I think you already take stunning pictures so am really excited to see what you come up with LOL! I have a brand new fab camera which I will be learning how to use in much the same way, take loads and see what happens, exciting isn't it. Sue

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma