colour palette : overcast

colour palette : overcast curated by Emma Lamb
colour palette : overcast curated by Emma Lamb
Image credits : 1. one blue wren, 2. seahorse knits, 3. jardinoMe, 4. David Foster Nass

I love this colour palette so much today! Of course you can't go wrong with rich mustard yellows and dark slate greys, such a perfect combination. But today it is exactly what Edinburgh looks like. The sky is completely overcast with rain clouds in that lovely soft grey. All the trees in our local park have bright yellow leaves while the ones that have already fallen are turning to shades of mustard and rich warm browns. Leaving the bare branches, that have been soaked over night with the rain, in shades of dark moody browns and slate greys.
Usually days like this can feel so depressing, with the grey-ness pressing in. But if you choose to look at it in a slightly different way there is so much inspiration and enjoyment to be had.

As it is Guy Fawkes night here in the UK today I shall wish you all a safe and fun one, and keep my fingers crossed that the rain stays away for some great fireworks displays!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

11 comments

  1. Lovely description of how it looks outside today. Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was in Edinburgh! Here is Southern California we are having temperatures still in the 90's. The color palette is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your colour palette sums up outside today prefectly!!
    Have a lovely weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't always comment, but I look at your posts just about every day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, it is perfection - I love it too :) Happy Guy Fawkes night! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are amazing with color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is exactly what Dundee looked like too.

    I love the wee blog banner, other than crochet, rectangles of colour are something I very much associate with you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great colour palette, I love the slate grey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emma, I think your items are gorgeous! I live north of Seattle, Washington near Canada. We have the same weather. Some drizzly, gray days with bright yellow or red leaves in every shape. I like to look on the grates in the streets where they collect, to see all the varieties. Then I wonder how far they have blown because a leaf might be from a tree I haven't noticed in my neighborhood. one delight of rainy, gray days! ;)
    Diane (aka forgethousework on etsy where I haven't yet set up a shop)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma