etsy favourites : UK National Wool Week, 2010

Yes! It is the first ever 'National Wool Week' in the UK this week and there are tons of events happening all around the country in celebration of this incredible fibre. It is such a fabulous idea from HRH The Prince of Wales, a pro-active environmentalist and the patron of 'The Campaign for Wool'...

"The Campaign for Wool is a cross-industry initiative convened by HRH The Prince of Wales in January 2010. As a serious environmentalist, the Prince believes the natural, sustainable origin and highly technical structure of wool can offer fashion, interiors and the built environment many superior benefits. Choosing real wool - as the Prince understands - will also help to care for our planet. The combined efforts of the leading wool organisations, industry associations and the textile industry across the world has created a campaign to promote the wonderful properties that wool offers to textiles and in doing so, help to support sheep farming as an industry and the textile community internationally.
LIVE NATURALLY...CHOOSE WOOL"


So today I thought I would bring you some environmentally sound and wonderful woolly finds from some very talented folk of the Etsy UK community...

With the weather starting to get a wee bit more nippy here in the UK, what more excuse do you need to treat yourself to something stylish, cosy or cute? Or maybe even bag yourself a gorgeous skein of yarn to whip up your own woolly mitts? Oh, and don't forget those christmas gifts!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

12 comments

  1. Some lovely items there :)

    It's also National Chocolate Week! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What treasures you have found. I am doing my own bit, knitting wool slippers to felt for Christmas and just completing a cashmere and wool coat pour moi. I do love wool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post Emma and, as always, with a gorgeous selection of items, colours and textures... and I am of course thrilled to be included. Thank you so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the woolly goodness! My house is quite chilly today, and I could use a nice, wool shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a national wool week ? that's cool !!
    and there's something i like to read even more "choosing real wool" !

    again a fabulous selection of yours !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want everything on this page! I really like woolly, cosy textures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emma, being born and raised in New Zealand and then living here in Australia for over thirty years, I have lived with and loved wool for a long time. I made my dad a woollen afghan over winter here and myself a cushion. Acrylic fibres don't have a patch on wool's texture and cosiness! I am a big fan of your beautiful creations too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh goodness, look at all that lovely woolly wonderful! Just the thing for this crisp fall weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emma, I do love the idea of there being a National Wool Week across the pond in the UK.

    If I were to look through my handknit sweaters and the yarn in my accumulated yet-to-be-knit boxes and baskets ... I would find that UK wool is the champion.

    I might also take this opportunity to tell you how much fun it is to visit here. You and your mom are very inspirational in your creativity.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great event this National Wool Week! Beautifull selection with this warm material!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of gorgeous, gorgeous things there Emma!
    The jacket by 13threads is lovely. :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really wonderful choices Emma. I always appreciate your taste and suggestions : )

    To you and the weee man a most delightful weekend my dear!

    Hugs ~ xoxo

    Iro (for you) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma