homely details : curl up with Anthropologie's cosy blankets

homely details : curl up with Anthropologie's cosy blankets | Emma Lamb

Honestly, it was love at first sight when I saw these gorgeous up-cycled blankets over on Anthropologie this morning! As you can see they're made using pre-loved knitwear, deconstructed and then re-patched into these quirky geometric designs.


I love that some of the button bands, necklines and pockets have been saved. The pockets especially, as they would come in quite handy for me as a wee place to keep my crochet hook and scissors when I'm working on an evening, no more fear of losing said slippery objects down the back of said sofa, yay!

Hope you're all having a lovely day!
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

6 comments

  1. Great idea indeed to re-use old sweaters and cardigans! I have once seen such a blanket composed of old jeans. Including pochets for the tv remote control :-)
    have a good day!
    Love, Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Thanks for the link. Will just have to add it to the long, long list of things I want to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this idea,thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strike a light! These are divine. Was pondering the upcycled clothing into blanket/quilt malarkey. Most excellent (and inspired) food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Emma,

    that is fantastik.

    wath a great idee.

    greatings sent you Conny

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is genius for real. I think I am going to try it. I have tons of old sweaters.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma