going out with a bang!

The Edinburgh Festival fireworks finale, 2010 // going out with a bang | Emma Lamb

This years festival that is! Every year the Edinburgh festival ends with a fabulous fireworks display and this year our vantage point was from Calton Hill. The last couple of years we've been able to watch them from our living room window, but as our building is currently undergoing refurbishment our view has being obscured by scaffolding and nasty green netting. Anyway, the weather was perfect for it, being dry and not too chilly or windy and perfect for snapping a few pretty shots...


The Edinburgh Festival fireworks finale, 2010 // going out with a bang | Emma Lamb
The Edinburgh Festival fireworks finale, 2010 // going out with a bang | Emma Lamb
The Edinburgh Festival fireworks finale, 2010 // going out with a bang | Emma Lamb
The Edinburgh Festival fireworks finale, 2010 // going out with a bang | Emma Lamb
The Edinburgh Festival fireworks finale, 2010 // going out with a bang | Emma Lamb
The Edinburgh Festival fireworks finale, 2010 // going out with a bang | Emma Lamb
The Edinburgh Festival fireworks finale, 2010 // going out with a bang | Emma Lamb
The Edinburgh Festival fireworks finale, 2010 // going out with a bang | Emma Lamb
The Edinburgh Festival fireworks finale, 2010 // going out with a bang | Emma Lamb

I say a few... *ahem* ...213 in all!

I did set my wee camera set to continuous shooting, just so that I could just point it in the right direction in the hope that I would get a few decent snaps while I watched the display first hand. I could have posted so many more than just these ten, but I know that would be a wee bit unfair to 'inflict' so many on you!

Wishing you all a fabulous Tuesday,
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

10 comments

  1. Great photos! Everytime we visit Edinburgh we always go up to Carlton Hill on our last day to take in our final view of the beautiful city!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos! i love fireworks and these made me feel like i was there. i'd love to come to this festival someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got some great photos! Hard to believe that it is all over with for another year. Could you hear the orchestra up there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you lovely ladies!

    Vivienne, have you been to the top of Arthur's Seat too? that's my favourite view of the city... :)

    Wren, you should come and see it some day! it just keeps on getting bigger and bigger and you are guaranteed to se something you like... :)

    miss Threads, we couldn't hear a thing up there and every time there was a wee lull in the display everyone wondered if that was it... from our end there were about four false endings!
    i know, all over for another year... although most of the art exhibitons are running til October so i still have time to take in a couple i haven't seen yet... :)

    a lovely day to you all!
    emma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm new to your blog. I am really enjoying it. I invite you to follow mine at www.mamawsplace4.blogspot.com. I'm giving away a book gift package right now. Check it out at http://mamawsplace4.blogspot.com/2010/09/giveaway.html. I'm adding you to my google reader and hope you will follow my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fabulous display you captured,Emma~

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photos did turn out great. It's so hard to photograph fireworks but now we know the secret, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very Very Cool......

    I like your blog and will be back!

    Steve
    common cents
    http://www.commoncts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhh, takes me back to when I used to live in Edinburgh - the fireworks were always spectacular, and now for the best bit - getting the city back to yourself for a while with the mass exit of tourists!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you everyone... :)

    Elaine, you are so right! I've been holding off on going to see a couple of exhibitions for just this reason, it's much easier to appreciate them when it's a wee bit quieter... :)

    a lovely day to you all,
    emma x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma