colour palette : salmon pinks and vintage greens

colour palette : salmon pinks and vintage greens - curated by Emma Lamb
colour palette : salmon pinks and vintage greens - curated by Emma Lamb
Image credits: 1. Sweet.Eventide, 2. vantiani, 3. ivy style33, 4. anastasiart

Just the other day the lovely Amy posted about one of her beautiful fabric cuffs that she custom made for herself. Nothing unusual there, but it got me thinking that I have yet to make a custom version of one of my own designs for myself!

Really, I don't have a granny cushion of my own, or forever flower garland. I do have one potholder, but she did spend a wee while in the shop before I realised that I should keep at least one from my original collection as a memento. She is now working hard as a lovely (tea-stained!) trivet for my teapot and I do keep promising to make some friends for her, but those promises have come to nothing as yet and she is still lonely.

So, as I mentioned to Amy on her post the other day, I have been making more such promises to myself about a custom forever flower garland. The problem being that I can't settle on a colour theme I want to go with. I had thought a super long all red version such as Miss Doris would be quite lovely, then when I made the multi coloured petite ones I thought one of those would be even better. But today I'm looking at these lovely salmon pinks and vintage greens, with a hint of mustard and indigo, and thinking these would also look wonderful! I'm also thinking that a garland in these colours would look mighty spiffy next to this lovely bunting that I ordered a few days ago.

Is it wrong to be wishing for more soggy weather, just so I can spend a cosy evening in crocheting something lovely for myself!? I think it probably is considering how much I am going complain about the chilly weather over the coming months!

A fabulous weekend to you all,
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

9 comments

  1. Great colours as usual Emma, especially the greens!
    Yes it is wrong to wish for more soggy weather!! Sit in Princes St. gardens and crochet in the sun!!!! :)
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that palette...much like my bedroom's ...funny how we don't keep anything for ourselves. I just made family photos on canvas for everybody at a family reunion...for everybody but me!...of course....

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, its not wrong to wish for soggy weather, i'm doing the same :) nothing like a little wind and rain to make me want to get out my yarn basket. hello, i'm new here, as a commentor anyways. i love your blog and am always inspired by what you make. as for the flower garlands i'm quite partial to the multi-colored ones, but they are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Emma,

    I think your idea is simply fabulous!
    I took a look on the lovely bunting you ordered and find it to be matching so perfectly with the salmon pinks & vintage greens you are thinking of using.
    Oh do make it and keep it for you! you definetly deserve to be owning you own beautiful creations!

    I'm also wishing you a great weekned and thanking you one more time for the warmth and incredible love you showed me today, by choosing and being inspired by the pictures of these doors I so much loved to photograph.

    Lots of hugs to you and Spanner, who I could squeeze right now from happiness.
    You are a great friend and you have really brought much happiness to my day :)

    xxxx Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha, i feel the same way about the weather!! pretty colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing colors, i love the quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all those colors together! So pretty. Wishing for a day or two of rainy weather is okay, especially if it's for more time with yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great color combo - I really like it.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma