perfect festival weather

wall to wall blue sky | Emma Lamb

So this morning I found myself with a wee bit of spare time to sort through the snaps I took at the weekend. Presenting a perfect Sunday afternoon spent meandering through Princes Street Gardens, on our way to the West End Fair at St.John's Church...


my wee man | Emma Lamb
sunning ourselves | Emma Lamb
The Scott Monument, Edinburgh | Emma Lamb
The Scott Monument, Edinburgh | Emma Lamb
truly scottish | Emma Lamb
Edinburgh castle from Princes Street gardens | Emma Lamb
Edinburgh castle from Princes Street gardens | Emma Lamb
up-cycled asian embroidered textiles | Emma Lamb
perfectly patterned | Emma Lamb

These last two pics are my favourites from the fair. The first is of a gorgeous fair trade range of up-cycled Indian textiles from the One World stall, and the second is of some really beautiful mexican terracotta tiles from the Caoba stall. I did bag myself something from each of these stalls, including a wee pile of those mini mexican tiles to go with the thrifty finds I picked up at the flea market in the Grassmarket the day before.

A super lovely day to you all!
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

14 comments

  1. Ohhh! I love Spanner. He is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, look at that blue sky! Lovely photos of Edinburgh enjoying the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't it wonderful miss threads!? it's not often we get wall to wall blue... just pleased i got the evidence that it doesn't always rain... ;)
    emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous day and looks like a lovely weekend! Thanks for sharing the pictures and giving a glimpse of Edinburgh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I do love Edinburgh! We were there for the festival last year and the West End Fair is great, so much lovely stuff. :) Your photos just make me want to be there so much!
    Vivienne x
    (I hope you've forgiven me for the pyrex)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous sunshine! Love those moroccan tiles, I am looking for tiles for our entrance hall...hmm maybe some colourful tiles. Love your blog, colour me monday always makes me happy... x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh the One World Stall looks stunning! Beautiful pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous. Love the dog too! It's great seeing everyone enjoying themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Emma Lamb, how I do thank you for these beautiful views of Edinburgh, and some lovelies from the fair.

    My only visit to that fair city was in November, many years ago. The roses were still in bloom, I had the most delicious fish soup I have ever tasted, I loved climbing up and down twisty turny roads, learning some history and finding very contemporary views mixed beautifully.

    All this well before I encountered local authors who would write about H Potter, Detective Rebus or that rich lady philospher.

    How I wish to visit that city again, and also see more of Scotland.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oi, adoro teu blog , tudo muito lindo como sempre,beijokas
    http://agulhaetricot.com
    http://agulhaetricot.blogspot.com
    http://titacarre.elo7.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your wee man Spanner is the most gorgeous of them all - those ears look so silky!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma