colour your monday happy...

inspired by left and right...

~ {brooke} gloryof_80s ~

~ lobster and swan ~

~ namolio ~

~ Ingthings ~

~ tiel*sk ~

~ sweetmyrtle ~

i have a wee bit of a soft spot for photos that are styled with their subject just creeping in from the side ~ left or right, i don't mind which... ;) ~ or even with their subject 'floating' away from the centre. i especially love them when the subject is full of exciting detail and colour but is then balanced with a neutral background, either neutral in texture or colour...
i'm drawn to these images far more than ones where the subject is plonked right in the middle of the image...
somehow they just seem far more interesting, especially so with those where the image has been cropped so that you only see half of the subject... as though by only seeing half of it instantly creates a mystery and a want to find out more, i suppose 'intrigue' is the word i'm looking for... ;)
so yes, i am completely filled with 'intrigue' by today's collection of lovelies from 'all colours in...', i hope you are too... :)

now i'm off to the post office and on the way i think i'll see if i can find a tube of Smarties... !
a wonderful Monday to you all,
emma
x

15 comments

  1. Those smarties look delicious! Another lovely collection x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love the image from namolio, sweet. :)
    I think I need some smarties now too!!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. such an inspiring collection, love the colours, and the images especially namolio's crochet and the pastry plate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so the same. Very few of my shots are taken straight on and my camera is set to digital macro pretty much most of the time. Lovely collection of colours and photos. I find all of Lobster and Swan's so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i do agree emma, and these images are lovely, truly lovely indeed!
    looking foward to perusing the sweetie aisles myself in a day or two :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...it does make me a bit happier...and inspired, many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, these are absolutely lovely! The third pic is my favorite. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. How pretty!
    Off to check out those links :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely!!
    have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have surely enhanced my Monday morning with this collection! I particularly thank you for the introduction to namolio. Her crocheting is so elegant and her color choices sublime.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely!!!

    Happy Monday to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emma, I so enjoy your blog. These images inspire my day. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with you, an image cut in half is mysterious, like the dark side of the moon. Asymmetry is simply more interesting

    ReplyDelete
  14. i hope you found some smarties!
    thank you for including my photo ~ a real buzz to see it included on your beautiful site.

    wishing you a happy day!
    ginny x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma