colour palette : green, green grass

colour palette : green, green grass - curated by Emma Lamb
colour palette : green, green grass - curated by Emma Lamb
Image credits : 1. Creature Comforts, 2. butterflyfoodie, 3. MoonStitches, 4. hildagrahnat

After three weeks of dull grey and almost constant rain this week I am hoping for some sunshine, for a wee bit of summer to return to Edinburgh this weekend. I'm feeling a wee bit 'cooped up' and all I want to do is get out in the open, fill my lungs with fresh air, sit on the grass picking daisies and maybe shade under some trees in the dappled sunlight.

I do not want to be rummaging through cupboards fishing out the winter woollies. I do not want the house to be filled with that 'wet dog' smell yet again. I do not want to be lighting every lovely scented candle I have just to get rid of said doggy smell. I do not want to be putting the lights on in the middle of the day because it is just so dark!

Surely this is not too much to ask, especially in July!?

I am planning a long walk along the river to see Antony Gormely's new '6 times' installation. I am hoping the sun will shine or at the very least that the rain will not rain!

I do hope you all have some lovely sunshiny (or not!) plans lined up for your weekends too?
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

11 comments

  1. when the rain finally stops the greens will be beautiful under the summer sunlight.
    wishing for a bright dry day for your river walk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous green...and our soaked environment is definitely emerald in colour in this morning's sun! It is going to be a beautiful weekend and a walk along the Water of Leith to see those amazing statues will not disappoint. Oh, I am so happy to see the sun. And I may do that dance this weekend if the sun hangs around...x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you lovely ladies, i'm so pleased you are enjoying today's green palette... :)

    miss Threads, i shall look forward to seeing your wee 'dance'... maybe you could take it out on the street for the festival... !?

    a wonderful weekend to you ladies... :)
    emma x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this colours, with the different greens and some yellow and grey. Beautiful!

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More rain forecast for my little part of Australia this weekend... Good excuse to get out the sewing machine...oh so many projects to work on.
    Hope you get your share of the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. very much in love with the color green, and this palette is gorgeous!

    hope you get to enjoy some sunshine this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the photo with the buttons - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg, how pretty- i want those vintage glasses!!! I actually don't have one modern glass in my entire house- they are all vintage like those ones (those ones are better, though!!)lol.

    Have a great weekend, Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay seriously? Those colors make me want to lick the monitor. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma