art & illustration : vintage war era illustrations by Edward Shenton

Vintage war era illustrations by Edward Shenton | Emma Lamb
Vintage war era illustrations by Edward Shenton | Emma Lamb
Vintage war era illustrations by Edward Shenton | Emma Lamb

I love these vintage war era illustrations by Edward Shenton for their beautiful line quality and limited colour palette - the combination of black, mustard, olive, brick red and royal blue on that lovely time aged vintage cream. If I was a fan of biplanes and monoplanes I would have all of these prints up on my walls in a jiffy! But I'm sure I could find a place for a copy of the beautiful 'Free Balloon'. Isn't it just perfect!?

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

4 comments

  1. Wonderful illustrations! Fantastic work! Éva

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh... my man would love these... (don't tell him, but I'm planning to make him some little artwork featuring his favourite plane ;)
    The last 2 prints in particular really do it for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, I so agree with all you have written to accompany this wonderful pictures.

    I am going to have to remember the name of this artist and see some of his other work.

    Thank you!

    (May I also take this moment to tell you how beautiful your mom's knitting is.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful! The colours manage to be strong and muted at the same time somehow. I love the last one!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma