this week

I loved re-living a childhood favourite, my first 'Fry's Peppermint Cream' in I don't know how many years... !

Fry's Peppermint Cream by © emma lamb
FRY FRY FRY by © emma lamb
can you smell that? by © emma lamb

It was delicious! Really delicious!

My man is an absolute genius for finding it in a wee corner shop near his work. I thought they had been long discontinued and resigned myself to never having another one again. So you can image how excited I was when he presented me with one of my most favourite chocolate bars ever... :) Hopefully you have all enjoyed something as equally wonderful this week!?

A fabulous weekend to you all!
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

10 comments

  1. Well done your man, I hope you savoured every bite...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were always my favourite as a kid and I thought they had gone the way of all things ... if I ate one now it would be the nearest I'd get to that 'Proustian madeleine moment'. Will look out for them in the shops. Your blog is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dearest emma,
    i cannot look at a fry's dark chocolate creme bar without thinking of my mum, huge big waves of 'mother love' have washed over me reading your post.
    thank you kindly for taking me back many years so i may relieve the happy times spent with my mother and me sharing her favorite chocolate bar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are soooo good, mind you i liked the five centre fruit one too. Scrummy....need some chocolate now!
    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! First time commenting on your lovely blog.

    I adore Fry's Peppermint Creams, they sell them in Holland & Barrett and every time I go into town, I must have one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had one in years, I think I need one now!
    Vivienne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello emma :)

    great post... never liked the mint ones but the ones with the different colours in each piece - do you remember those? yum! mind you i think it was just the gorgeous combination of colours i couldn't resist - see, i was a designer even then! if your man ever finds one of those you can post it to me ;)

    lots of love, linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. dark chocolate with peppermint ...the staff of life!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma