pin it forward!

Yay! so today it is my turn to 'Pin it Forward'! I'm sure lots of you will have already heard about this wee blogging relay that is going on, it has been co-ordinated by the ever so fabulous Victoria, of sfgirlbybay, and the genius folks at Pinterest! The idea is to create a virtual mood board, over on Pinterest, illustrating 'what home means to me' by pinning beautiful images from all over the web onto it - the genius bit about Pinterest is that it automatically saves the link to the source of the image your pinning, brilliant! You can see mine right here along with all my other pin boards that have fast become my newest online addiction! seriously, I'm having to drag myself away from the computer in the mornings just to get dressed!

Anyhoo, without further ado here is 'what home means to me'...

Pin it Forward with Emma Lamb

My creative space - As I work from home this is probably the space that is most important to me. It is where I love to be and I spend a huge amount of my time there. It is where I explore my creativity and pour my heart in to the things I make. I love being able to sit at my desk making beautiful things with the sunlight streaming through my window, great tunes to sing along to (as long as no one is listening!) and a handy bar of chocolate for when the energy levels need a wee boost.


Pin it Forward with Emma Lamb

Vintage and handmade - I love pieces that tell a 'story', whether that the history of being loved by many people over the long years of their life or the story of the hands that made them, putting so much care and attention into their creation. For me, buying vintage or handmade takes a lot of careful thought to choose pieces that I know I will love and treasure forever, I want to respect their 'stories' by adding a new chapter of my own. I love the idea of being surrounded with beautiful pieces that I've forged such an emotional connection with in this way.

Pin it Forward with Emma Lamb

Home cooking - Much to my man's dismay we don't eat out as often as he would like, I much prefer great home cooked meals, taking time over the preparing, cooking and eating to enjoy every moment and always with a good glass of wine.

Pin it Forward with Emma Lamb

Sleep easy - I do love my bed and I do love to sleep, it is my safe place and to be quite honest there's nothing quite like sleeping in on a sunny Sunday morning with breakfast in bed is theere!?

Pin it Forward with Emma Lamb

Home is where my heart is - I love my man, I love my wee man, I love being at the beach and I love sunny days! So when they're all combined in one beautiful day I'm more at home than ever.

Remember to check out my 'pin it forward' pin board to find details of where all these fabby images came from.

Pin it Forward with Emma Lamb

Thank you to the lovely Megan Charland for passing the baton to me, now it is my turn to pass on the baton to the lovely Leanne, of Quilts a Bit, who will be bringing you her Pin it Forward post tomorrow.

Wishing you all the most fabulous day!
Emma, x

Edited to add - You can find a full list of all the blogs participating in 'Pin it Forward' here on Victoria's blog.

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

12 comments

  1. Beautiful images and a lovely idea. Wish my home looked as calm and collected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was going to comment on the beautiful images too. It's amazing how the automatic links work. And thanks for including our Spoon and Whisk tea-towel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post. Gorgeous images and lovely thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Ha Chocolate. I knew my studio was missing something.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a collection of beauty . simplicity . love .

    this is a wonderful grouping for pin it forward emma~ elk

    ReplyDelete
  6. merci pour cette visite et ces images tendres

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely LOVE your mood boards, what a great idea pin it forward is!

    Love Julia x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So lovely! It's fun that many of the Pin-It-Forwards have similar themes, but they're all expressed so differently & beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your calming bedroom collage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the way you put it together and i'm with ashleigh - LOVE the bedroom images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! From one chocolate lover to another...I enjoyed reading your post, thanks for sharing!

    Spanner is a cutie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is SO lovely Emma! I adore what home means to you and couldn't agree more. And your man & your wee man are stellar, and at the beach no less? Perfection! That sounds like a perfect day to me too, the beach, sunny, my guy, my girls & our furry girls! :)
    Thank you for sharing this hun, so beautiful.
    xo
    Melis

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma