shoptalk : so I finally did it!

Me and my lovely ladies finally joined Facebook! | Emma Lamb

After resisting for so long I have finally caved in and joined the millions of others who are on Facebook! I say 'resisted' but really it didn't take much effort on my part, not having the interest, inclination or a mobile kinda helped. Yep, you heard me right! I'm very proud to tell you that I am one of those rare creatures who doesn't own a mobile phone and doesn't have the first clue about texting and whatnot. Many have tried to persuade me of the benefits of owning such a device, but all their attempts have failed. Woo-hoo! Don't get me wrong, I'm not some kind of mad hermit lady who sits in a cave crocheting all day not talking to anyone except her wee man (although occasionally some days are a wee bit like that!) it's just that I plain don't like them and think they're the height of bad manners! Oh yeah, and if I'm browsing the internet, or obsessively checking my Etsy and Flickr pages and whatnot, I want to do it on my computer which is linked up to lovely TV sized monitor. None of this piddly wee screen nonsense that gives me a kinda motion sickness nausea! Hmmm, I'm ranting a bit here!?

Anyhoo, if you're still reading this and haven't run away in fear of the 'mad hermit lady' you can find my shiny new Facebook page here and if you don't mind stopping by to give it a wee 'like' you would make the 'mad hermit lady' very happy indeed!

Wishing you all a happy Wednesday!
The 'mad hermit lady', x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

10 comments

  1. Well, then it's official- I'm the last person on earth without a facebook! I won't give in. I wont!

    :P
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh go on, come to the darkside Amy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with this wall full of crochet!
    You can pass me the step by step crochet these cute?
    I'm from Brazil, my blog is http://sweilamuitascoisas.blogspot.com
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so tempted but will have to wait awhile before I get the chance to get to work on a business page...I'll go check yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do not have it either, so little time to do it all!!

    ..yours looks lovely and i am considering it though

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit I don't like Facebook much, but find it very useful as a database of friends! Very happy to find you added me :) What... no mobile!!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a hermit for sure. I got forced into a mobile but I hardly ever use it and I lost it for the past weekend to hear today that I dropped it in the paperbin at work.
    I closed my Facebook account a few months ago - such a weird place - just couldn't get used to it.
    I prefer Flickr and Twitter far better then Facebook - just my 2 cents! Lovely mosaic you made my dear. Stella is still bringing me JOY EVERYDAY!!!!
    Oops, sorry for the excitement, it's Stella who does that to me. Even my neighbor is jealous at my beautiful bunting as she complimented Stella multiple times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm a fan :)
    and i prefer using my computer for all of these things, too - easier to navigate, bookmark, etc.
    but it is nice to have the iPhone for other little things

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey hermit lady :), good to see you on there! I don't use my mobile much, besides the battery dies after one call... that said I wouldn't say no to an iphone so I can check emails when I'm out skiving ;)
    But you know what, you need to join us on twitter too! (def prefer it to facebook) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, you are the loveliest bunch of lovelies i know... :) thank you for not fleeing from the hermit lady and for your confessions of being hermit ladies too, it makes me feel so much happier!

    Mitsy i'm kinda with you at the moment ~ it is an odd place but i'll give it a few weeks and see how it goes, wiat for the judgement... ;)

    Annabelle, it's going to be a long, long, long, long time before i can be persuaded to join twitter too ~ cold day in hell an' all that, just saying... ;)

    many hugs to you my dears... :)
    emma x

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma