shoptalk : Edith & Arnold

Two of the loveliest custom orders I've worked on recently and now that they are happily settling into their new homes I can at last show you some not so sneaky pictures...

Edith, crocus inspired crochet cushion by Emma Lamb
Edith, crocus inspired crochet cushion by Emma Lamb

First up is Edith (above), a happy wee lady who is full of the joys of spring with her crocus inspired colours and cheeky floral buttons. I so love making this style of cushion cover as you could mix up any combination of colours you liked and they would work perfectly!


And next we have the not so wee Arnold (below), yes indeedy, we have a boy in our midst! I'm so proud of this strapping young lad and had an absolute ball crocheting him up. I couldn't help myself, every time I'd worked a couple of rounds I just had to lay him out and admire his loveliness. He's so soft too and has me thinking that I really need to make one for myself in time for next winter, because honestly you can never have too many cosy granny blankets can you!?

Arnold, original crochet 'floor throw' in classic red, white and blue by Emma Lamb
Arnold, original crochet 'floor throw' in classic red, white and blue by Emma Lamb

What thrills me most about these two lovelies is knowing that they've gone to such great homes where I know they will be treasured for many years to come, and who knows maybe even handed down a generation or two!?

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

25 comments

  1. Both of them are just wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Arnold particularly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are so beautiful!

    Really great!

    Liebe Grüsse
    Gabriele

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Arnold! However did you get that to lay flat? I love the Springy mod colors of Edith, too. It sort of reminds me of a patch of primroses. Both are enough to make anyone giddy just looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They turned out lovely, Emma! I'm enjoying having Nora and Eliza the pot holders, in my kitchen, and Miss Flora gracing my studio :)
    Talk to you soon,
    xo,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  6. just beautiful. Love Edith's colours and quirky buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they fabulous!
    love especially the cushion- it really reminds me of a field of crocusses, and i absolutely adore the buttons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are gorgeous but I especially like Arnold x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Edith is a true beauty, (and it's my Mum's middle name :) - I just love the buttons! And Arnold is soooo handsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work, Emma! I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. they are both wonderful. You have the most inspiring blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh they are really beautiful! I especially love the boy - lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are lovely, emma. You are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola Emma,no entiendo tu idioma,pero lo que veo me encanta.Divino ,divino.Un besito

    ReplyDelete
  15. love edith - does she have a plain back?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you so much for all your lovely comments, you have all made me smile this morning... :)
    and i promise to bring you news of some of new crafty creations soon... !

    emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi, Emma!
    Long time no see...
    I'm glad you're fine and your products are wonderful like before:)

    And your color world gives me energy!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are both wonderful. Arnold is my favorite though. Is it a rug or a blanket?
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Teresa ~ the wonderful thing about wee 'arnold' is that he is both a rug and a blanket in one ~ a floor throw... :)

    JP ~ i forgot to say earlier but wee 'edith' is the same on the back as her front, all of my wee ladies are like this... :)

    emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. my gosh i so love that floor throw! what a gorgeous colour-way!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma