weekend inspiration : dreamy whites

Also known as 'you all that!' as inspired by dottie angel's beautifully embroidered words...

Soft shades: cream, milky white, beige, taupe, softest grey, silver, hints of sage and ochre.
Textures: smooth, soft, natural materials, linen, cotton, silk, bamboo, wood, stone, aged surfaces, peeling paint, rusting metal.

dreamy whites, Flickr mosaic curated by Emma Lamb
Image credits: 1. bailiwickdesigns, 2. Dewberry Parfum ♥ ♥, 3. threekusjes, 4. Alice M. Wingerden, 5. dottie angel, 6. ishtar olivera, 7. *mayxxx*, 8. wood & wool stool, 9. ivy style33

It's good to occasionally cleanse the colour palette with beautiful white shades, wipe the slate clean as they say and find a fresh new perspective. But as we all know white is never just one shade or one colour, is it!? Something that paint manufacturers know all too well, which is great really as there is something so compulsive about collecting their wee swatch cards! I know you all know what I'm talking about! Which is why I was kinda excited about this colour palette generator, yeah I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake as it has been around for forever. But hey, better late than never right!?

dreamy whites from the colour palette generator

I just love the names of all these colours, I can't decide if my favourite is 'black squeeze' or 'pearl bush'! What better way to waste an hour or so on a dreary Friday afternoon?

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend,
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

9 comments

  1. I didn't know about the palette generator! Thank you for posting!

    Beautiful mosaic, too. Certainly inspiring.

    http://debajounboton.typepad.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's wrong with good old magnolia?!
    Love the photos, the colours are so calming - beautiful.
    Have a good weekend, Kirsty x

    PS It was a joke about the magnolia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and inspirational as always. And I love the colour generator! Does it provide names too? Anyway, I'm off to have a look :) Have a great weekend my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. emma . you do shades of white so well . your mosaic is stunning as always ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know about the colour palette generator. I love all those soft dreamy neutrals. I am trying to choose one for my bedroom, it has been white, and I mean white, straight from the can, no tint, for too long Fabulous mosaic too, and of course with Tiff's work at the centre.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha, I have never seen the colour generator before either, so you are quicker than me! Great photos, especially love those birds.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, such lovely, serene selections, Emma! I will have to check out the color palette generator--I've never seen it either but it looks nifty!
    Have a great weekend :)
    xo,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your inspiring mosaic, that Dottie Angel will inspire you every time.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma