weekend inspiration : earthy blues

Okay, so I was originally thinking of putting a more 'romantic' collection together in time for the Valentines weekend, but to be honest I wasn't really feeling it. At least not in the more commercial sense of Valentines day with armfuls of red roses, as much pink champagne as you could slurp and decadent boxes of yummy chocolates. 'Yeah right!' I hear you all exclaim... or at the very least a Hallmark card with a 'cute' bear clutching a big red heart slapped on the front.

Me and my Man have always believed that being romantic should be spontaneous. It should be something you do when you feel it, and 'it' doesn't have to be some overblown gesture that has lost sight of what romance actually means. It can be something small, something as simple as pausing the mundane routine of the weekly shop at the supermarket for a wee hug, a wee phone call (none of this text nonsense!) in the day just to say 'hi' or even a thoughtful cup of tea and a chocolate biscuit - although it has to be a chocolate biscuit, you can't compromise that one!

Yes indeed, it's always the simple things that make life lovely... :)

earthy blues, Flickr mosaic curated by Emma Lamb
Image credits: 1. sfgirlbybay, 2. hildagrahnat, 3. Sue McLoughlin, 4. snappingtwig, 5. hildagrahnat, 6. hildagrahnat, 7. scoot-ah, 8. matte stephens, 9. .natasha.

Anyway, if you take a moment and look at this weeks inspiration a little differently you can almost visualise a romantic weekend break in Italy (bottom right), visiting amazing historical sights and galleries to gaze at stunning works of art. Yeah, you have to squint quite hard, but I know you all have great creative imaginations and will have no trouble visualising it... :)

But if you are in need of a lovey-dovey fix then you can take a peek at my Monday post and some lovingly crafted artworks. If you must... ;)

Emma, x

ps - I will pop in sometime over the weekend with a clue for my give away.

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

9 comments

  1. I haven't even taken out my Valentine's decorations yet. I better get going or it will be here and it will be too late. I reminded hubby today that it was this Sunday - let's see if that works or not. He's so sweet and has done so much already and I really don't need candy. I love your name "Emma Lamb" is so pretty and fits you to a "T".

    Teacup Lane (Sandy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I'm right with you there about being spontaneous. I actually despise the fact that there has to be a special day just to be romantic. It has to be natural :) Lovely collection yet again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree about Valentine's day. It's so much nicer to spoil each other throughout the year, even if it just a single flower from the market. So much more romantic in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely writing, Emma, and you are so right about spontaneity in romance. Also, I find your 'earthy blues' to be quite soothing and calming to my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. found you through the lovlies. what a fun blog you have emma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely color palette! I'd love to stop of in Italy for a weekend... sigh.

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. simple and spontaneous is always a winner~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, Ooh, I just saw you on the Etsy Finds Decor: Kitsch for All Ages article! http://www.etsy.com/storque/spotlight/etsy-finds-decor-kitsch-for-all-ages-7077/
    Yay! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love this palate! devine!

    S.K.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma