a perfect January day

A perfect January day on a snowy beach in the North East of England, absolutely my favourite beaches in the world! | Emma Lamb

Beautiful clear blue skies...

A perfect January day on a snowy beach in the North East of England, absolutely my favourite beaches in the world! | Emma Lamb

A perfect January day on a snowy beach in the North East of England, absolutely my favourite beaches in the world! | Emma Lamb

...a few inches of soft and powdery snow...

A perfect January day on a snowy beach in the North East of England, absolutely my favourite beaches in the world! | Emma Lamb

...bunny tracks in said snow, I don't know why but seeing these really tickled me!?

A perfect January day on a snowy beach in the North East of England, absolutely my favourite beaches in the world! | Emma Lamb

People tracks in the snow too...

A perfect January day on a snowy beach in the North East of England, absolutely my favourite beaches in the world! | Emma Lamb

...a low tide on a stony beach and beautiful snowy cliffs in the distance...

A perfect January day on a snowy beach in the North East of England, absolutely my favourite beaches in the world! | Emma Lamb

...and the most wonderful sound of the crashing waves...

A perfect January day on a snowy beach in the North East of England, absolutely my favourite beaches in the world! | Emma Lamb

...just perfect!

I absolutely love the beaches on the north east coast of England! I grew up in this small part of the world and have a special fondness for it. I love that it is so stony and the way the cliffs echo the sound of the crashing waves. When it's not quite so cold I love to stop and just listen for a while, kinda soothing and somehow nostalgic. It always makes me feel like I'm home.

So there we go, the most glorious sunny day with a snowy beach. Not quite what I had set out to photograph, but I'm kinda pleased I didn't have to embrace the rotten weather!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

16 comments

  1. Great photos. I don't think I've ever seen snow at the beach before as living in so. california, it is unthinkable to have that combination. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I grew up in Maryland and we get snow at the beach a lot. There's something very peaceful about it. (Cold and windy!, but peaceful. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Karen. I grew up in So. California also. Part of those spent living at the beach. No way are snow and beach within the same sentence in my vocabulary.
    These are great photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I grew up in England and remember once or twice going with my father to fish off the beach. I could never figure out why the beach had stones on it, rather than sand. But I do now!!
    Love the bunny tracks too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I miss the beaches in England, nothing like that here in Wyoming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Snow at the beach... I never would have believed it! It's so amazingly beautiful :) Thanks Emma. Kx

    p.s. Have you seen this?
    http://thereformedpirate.blogspot.com/2010/01/oh-my-goddessthis-is-best.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is just amazing. I've never seen snow on a beach, it almost looks like its not real. Beautiful photos, thanks so much for sharing them.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can imagine how cold it is but the snowy beach really does look beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing quite like beach + snow, it's very special. We even had snow down here in the far west of cornwall which doesn't happen very often.

    Love this kind of weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like you I love the north east coastline, but I don't get there very often. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the different shades of blue!

    ~X~ Karin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos.

    Cheers from New Hampshire (the other side of the pond).


    - Marija

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos are exquisite. I love anytime I can visit the beach which isn't often enough. Thanks for sharing your beach, Emma, so I could get at least a little peek!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ohh, i love photos
    i love the sea and the beach

    xxoo
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  15. oooo, my heart has just melted with these photos! I LOVE the beach, wished I lived close enough to one like this...would be on it ALL the time! So lucky! ;o)

    hugs

    hello gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma