weekend inspiration : winter on the beach

winter on the beach, Flickr mosaic curated by Emma Lamb
Image credits: 1. Saloia, 2. Camillas place (?), 3. marthasnail, 4. birds & trees, 5. SusannahConway, 6. littlePrintStore, 7. Eleonore Bridge, 8. Saloia, 9. lawatt

I have decided that this weekend I should try to embrace the rotten weather. Yes I think I may have finally gone loopy! I shall pile on the layers of jumpers, scarves and gloves (no hats though, I don't do hats!) and brave the beach, yes the beach in winter! That is as long as it doesn't snow! I don't know about you but I think there is something so very wrong about seeing the sand and seaweed covered in snow! I shall go armed with my wee man and my camera to see what beauty can be found on a very grey and very british day. Hopefully I'll be able to snap at least one pic that is half as pretty as these in my mosaic today, which was inspired by my planned expedition and the thought of the rough waves lapping against the pebbled beach. I know that all sounds very romantic and once I get there, with my numb fingers unable to work the camera buttons, I'm sure I won't be nearly as enthusiastic about it all!

Wishing a wonderful weekend, and hoping that you find some small nugget of beauty that makes you smile,
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

12 comments

  1. Have a wonderful time. I adore the beach in winter, as does Edward of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it - have a wonderful day! I have to say that Raja hated the sea when we took her there last summer (she had her choice - Atlantic or Med, and hated both). Does Spanner sea-bathe up north?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spanner too is a huge fan of the beach and absolutely loves digging huge holes in the sand. although i must say he has a love hate relationship with the water... he likes wading in up to his belly but the merest hint of a wave and the thought of his feet not being able to touch the bottom frightens the life out him! so needless to say he never learned how to swim despite many (and varied) attempts... ;)
    have a lovely weekend my dears... :)
    emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. That dress and cardi in the center are gorgeous, i I love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm dreaming of the beach today too Emma. Have a lovely weekend, can't wait to see photos. Your mosaic is so lovely, my favourite colours.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful mosaic Emma. Have a lovely time at the beach. We used to go to Oban when we lived in the UK... it's a lovely spot, but I cannot imagine it covered in snow. I thought that was geographically impossible? Can't wait to see your pics :) K

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice mosaic, i love the colours!
    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being from Austrlia, I can't fathom snow at the beach! Or in the forest, or in the desert. In fact I've only ever seen snow once, in the mountains where it belongs! I can't wait to see England next winter, all under it's wintery blanket. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading your blog :) Come visit mine there's something for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I prefere the beach in the winter, windswept and all to myself - perfect! And that picture of the tiles is SO inspiring I want to get my hooks out immediatly!
    I've been lurking for a while and thought I better say Hi!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a great trip to the beach! What a "treat" that you live so near to the beach & can enjoy it year-round! I also love the pics of the project you showed in your last post! You have mixed the colors so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love these colours!! Keep warm :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma