weekend inspiration : getting cosy for the weekend

Staying cosy at home with beautiful handmade textiles. Layers of crochet and quilted textures in soft whites, with rainbow coloured details for a fresh and optimistic feel. Oh, and the occasional sweet and tasty treat... of course!

getting cosy for the weekend, Flickr mosaic curated by Emma Lamb
Image credits: 1. EmiShimosato02, 2. Creature Comforts, 3. dottie angel, 4. good mood factory, 5. danske, 6. tovemichelle12, 7. littlejennywren, 8. ntmtk, 9. aixxx

My start to the new year has been a wee bit slow to say the least. I feel like I've been way too focused on the chilly weather and trying to stay warm, and now that the forecast is for things to get colder and more snowy it's all just a bit too depressing! So today I think it's high time to snap out of it, shift my focus to more pleasing thoughts of crafty goodness! It's a New Year. A fresh start. A time for optimism and creativity, time to get going on all these new ideas that were so gracious enough to pop into my head during the holidays. Time for a wee bit of de-cluttering in my studio, and definitely time to dive into my yummy yarn stash and get a few new ladies ready to replenish the ranks of my wee shop... :)

Wishing you the very best of crafty weekends and I shall see you next week with one or two exciting new things!
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

10 comments

  1. Thanks for the inspiration, such pretty colours. Hope you have a creative weekend, and do stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring indeed! Especially love the crochet cushion and the globes - beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so know what you mean. It's just so very hard to get out of bed when it is this incredibly cold!!! But like you, my studio is in dire need of attention, so here I go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your new mosaic....lots of white with all those wonderful colours - delightful

    hope the snow is not getting you down too much...take care, and look forward to all the new delights you have to show soon
    sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog recently Emma, I love all your crochet work, very inspiring. getting fed up with this weather up here in Aberdeenshire too!!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emma, thanks for including my crocheted rug in your beautiful mosaic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours! So inspiring. I just love Dottie Angel's wee cushion and have been inspired to make one of my very own. Have a wonderful and creative weekend! Hope it gets a bit warmer for you very soon.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely inspiraton here Emma- and you are right, sometimes it just takes a mental choise- to look to the future with joyful anticipation...
    Keep warm,
    Annamaria :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl! You pick color better than the best of interior designers!

    Smashing, really!
    M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, the weather does tend to get people down. Staying busy helps!!!
    Hope you're having a good craft time this snowy winter :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma