studio details : a happy find

Vintage silk threads in sumptuous colours | Emma Lamb

Today, while sorting through some old image files on my computer, I found these shots of my vintage darning silks. I absolutely love the rich and sumptuous colour so I thought I would share them here...


Vintage silk threads in sumptuous colours | Emma Lamb
Vintage silk threads in sumptuous colours | Emma Lamb
Vintage silk threads in sumptuous colours | Emma Lamb
Vintage silk threads in sumptuous colours | Emma Lamb
Vintage silk threads in sumptuous colours | Emma Lamb
Vintage silk threads in sumptuous colours | Emma Lamb

And what makes this such a happy find is that I had completely forgotten that I'd snapped these pics!

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

12 comments

  1. Oooh, gorgeous, and muted, and moody...love them! I got your note and will write you ASAP! And *thank you* for the lovely mention in you Bright and Blithe interview :)
    xoxoxo,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful, I bet they feel lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, stunning, stunning.... and isn't it so nice when you just stumble upon something you'd forgotten about and you see it all over again with fresh eyes. I love that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh they are so beautiful. I just love seeing thread all delightfully piled together like that. Fabulous colours too. What a great find.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures and colors, Emma! Thanks for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree...These are a great find... Your collection would make me feel li Christmas all over again. Lovely!
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love it when I find photos and things like this that I'd forgotten - what a treat! They are a real treat actually - totally sumptuous :) K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, a lovely and great find...
    And so beautiful colors...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colors!
    I love such happy finds....

    X Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love silk thread! I wish they were mine! LOL :) Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma