Peter Potter picked a pek of pretty pot holders!

Hold on a moment... Just let me appreciate the genius of that title! I thought it up all by my bit self! Okay, so it's not that genius, but I'm quite pleased with it... Ha! Anyhoo, here's a long overdue pic of my pot holders at the Peter Potter Gallery in Haddington...

Crochet potholders by Emma Lamb at the Peter Potter Gallery, Haddington, East Lothian

I'm really pleased that they have been given such a prominent position, they're hung in the main hall (or front room - the gallery isn't that big!) and they are one of the first things to grab your attention. I got a wee rush of excitement when I first saw them, and another when I found out that at least one has already gone to a new home! Apparently they are more of a talking point that anything else, hopefully that's a good thing!? Anyway, the exhibition runs until the end of January so you never know a few more might find their forever homes yet!


A misty winter's day in Haddington, East Lothian | Emma Lamb
A misty winter's day in Haddington, East Lothian | Emma Lamb
A misty winter's day in Haddington, East Lothian | Emma Lamb
A misty winter's day in Haddington, East Lothian | Emma Lamb
A misty winter's day in Haddington, East Lothian | Emma Lamb
A misty winter's day in Haddington, East Lothian | Emma Lamb
A misty winter's day in Haddington, East Lothian | Emma Lamb
A misty winter's day in Haddington, East Lothian | Emma Lamb
A misty winter's day in Haddington, East Lothian | Emma Lamb

Oh, and this had us completely baffled! That is until we consulted the font of all nature knowledge, aka my father-in-law, who tells us that it is apparently known as a 'witch's broom'! A huge mass of twigs growing from a single point usually caused by a disease. I was completely fascinated with it and wanted to get up close for a few pretty macro shots, but the lack of a ten foot ladder meant that I had to make do with this pic instead!

My wee man, Spanner | Emma Lamb

Oh, and how could I not include a pic of the wee man looking especially cute!?

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

11 comments

  1. Your display in the gallery looks especially amazing! I'm sure a few more will find new homes, how can anyone resist? Your photos of the foggy day are wonderful. I love the one with the moss.
    Have a truely lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I love the title Emma, it's perfect. And I love your potholder display- everything looks great! Your pot holders really stand out against the white background. The gallery looks really cute, too:)

    But that witches broom is so strange! I've never heard of those before, it's a little freaky looking!
    Hope you're doing well :)
    xo,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful pictures! Oh how I wish my community had such beautifully historical places to gaze at.... And old churches are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A witches broom?! Wow, that is amazing! I have never seen anything like that before. I am also loving your title, your potholders and your gorgeous photos.

    Sigh... can't wait to get back to Scotland and do some travelling. There has been an amazing documentary series on Aussie tv lately "The history of Scotland". Totally fascinating and such amazing cinematography. I never knew the Scots had been the Picts first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this was a lovely suprise for me to read! I have only just discovered your work and your blog very recently and as soon as I saw the title I was intrigued! I grew up in Haddington, my family still live there and for 2 years whilst at uni I worked in the coffee shop in Peter Potters! I am in Nottingham now and miss Haddington very much so it was lovely to see the photos and have a reminder of my home town.

    Congratulations on your display in the exhibition - it really is a lovely gallery with a wonderful selection of work and the best coffee and cake in town!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister in law just showed me your blog- i love your pot holders! hoping to do something similar on my walls but I am still new to crochet and a bit crap.

    Nice post- refreshingly un- christmassy in a nice way! its quite eerie with the fog and the castle and the witches broom! i feel sad for the tree, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how very atmospheric! your pot holders look lovely in the peter potter gallery, congratulations, and I think your title is very clever too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats my friend! They look so great!!! And yes, that title is completely genius :) And what a pretty place too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pics! I love the potholders...they look so pretty just like that!

    We recently drove through a place that had dozens of trees with similar balls of leaves. I imagine it's not the same thing, but rather a funny sort of tree. But they were very eye catching in a curious sort of way...

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow the Gallery looks great, and ins't it nice after all this grey rain to have this lovely winter light and snow too makes picture so easy to find again!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma