shoptalk : keeping my promise

About the big reveal...

About the secret project I've been so desperate to tell you all about...

Well, the time has come...

Drum roll please...

Crochet potholder collection for the Peter Potter Gallery, by Emma Lamb

...pot holders...

What's that you say? You already knew I was making pot holders!? Well, of course I knew you lovely lot would have already already figured out what I was making, you're a smart bunch! However, the really exciting news is where they are going and what they are for!


Crochet potholder collection for the Peter Potter Gallery, by Emma Lamb
Crochet potholder collection for the Peter Potter Gallery, by Emma Lamb

In less than two weeks these lovely ladies will be gracing the beautiful white walls of a fabulous wee gallery - the Peter Potter Gallery in Haddington, just outside of Edinburgh! A few weeks ago I got a wee message asking me if I would like to take part in their christmas exhibition - well, yeah!!! So I got busy with my wee hook and replenished the potholder ranks with a bit of autumn colour. Then off they went, narrowly missing a couple of postal strikes en route, eek! And now they are just waiting for the big day, their first christmas party on the 20th November, when hopefully they will meet lots of new friends who will want to take them home!

Crochet potholder collection for the Peter Potter Gallery, by Emma Lamb

Although now that they have gone my wee studio is looking bare and in need of some yummy colour. I guess it's just as well I have this pile of crochet flowers 'hanging' about isn't it!?

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

19 comments

  1. Congratulations to you my friend!! This is excellent news. I really hope they all sell like hot...well, potholders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! THanks for the big reveal! :)
    Big congrats on the exposition & I hope you will sell 'em all! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you my friends... :)

    even though i've made them, sent them and blogged them... until i actually see them hanging in the gallery i won't really believe it's happening... it's exciting and unreal at the same time!

    emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Emma! Will you post pictures of the exhibit? The photos here of all of them on the wall are so pretty--I just love all the colors and patterns and textures ;)

    xo,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  5. ps--just saw the new banner--looks nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHat a great idea and how cool the look all together there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I'm sure they will all go to good new homes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your blog is so inspiring, and I've been needing some inspiration so I'm here to offer my thanks! I've just spent the time looking through all of your old entries and I love the things you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful! Congratulations! I wish I were close enough to have a look :) K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! How exciting :)

    Loving the new look banner btw

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy to hear that they will be featured in a very wonderful way emma...wishing I could just pop over to take a look.

    thank you for your kind comments~elk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!...so exciting! I am sure that they will be the belles of the ball. Anyone with an ounce of sense and taste would be delighted to leave the party with one of those little beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you so much everyone! you support is hugely appreciated and i too wish you could all come along... :)

    and of course, once they are hanging i shall get some pics for you... then you con pour yourselves a wee glass of your favourite tipple and pretend you are there on the opening night... ;)

    emma
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats !
    Will be fabulous !
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. so very excited for you Emma! your work is very inspiring. I would look at the pot holders all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so cool. Wish I could pop in for a cuppa and a viewing.

    Thanks for your lovely comments on my post too. You are very right in saying it's all part of the creative process.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've just come across your blog (via Attic24) and I LOVE it! Such beautiful work! I've subscribed to your blog on google reader! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma