a day of contrast

Saturated colours and crochet on my desk today | Emma Lamb
Saturated colours and crochet on my desk today | Emma Lamb

From this riot of gorgeous saturated colour on my desk today - happy desk thursday! - including some yummy new pot holders (which I will tell you more about later!), my favourite new thrifted vintage glass bowl full of yarn, the latest issue of Selvedge with a bit of a Scottish theme and an article on Timorous Beasties, and last but not least some cards and a notepad I picked up from this shop in the Lake District...


Knitting with beautiful silvery grey yarn from Rowan | Emma Lamb
Knitting with beautiful silvery grey yarn from Rowan | Emma Lamb
Knitting with beautiful silvery grey yarn from Rowan | Emma Lamb

...to some soothing knitting this evening, with a beautifully soft angora blend yarn in the most gorgeous silvery grey!

How was your Thursday? Fabulous I hope?!
Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

12 comments

  1. Beautiful colors and photos!!! I wish I could find knitting soothing..I am still in that "where am I at" stage. Haha..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those cables! Me and Amanda both! Soothing?! No, not yet, but looking at your gorgeous photos is always soothing.

    Thanks for checking up on us too. The baby and I are in much better health now and up to our old mischief. I am having a giveaway at the moment too if you would like to enter. May not be your style but you may know a little person who would love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many yummies! Happy Desk Thursday! I left a comment on your Flickr about those gorgeous pot holders. Love that grey... sooooo beautiful :) Glad you're feeling better. K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what beautiful colours! I just love that first photo, those beautiful shades are just so inviting. And the grey, how divine, what an inspiring post, I'm off to pick up my crochet.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I love the colors of everything on your desk right now, Emma! So pretty :)
    xo,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the color of that yarn! gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing colours on your desk...
    And great thrifty find...that bowl is amazing...
    I wish I had the patience to knit...I just can't get it done as fast as crocheting....
    The grey is divine...

    ReplyDelete
  8. everything delights me Emma. Very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your autumnal shots Emma, I bought some weirdy squashes at the weekend too, perhaps I'll blog them and we can compare?! Loving the knitting in grey so much! Grey wool just screams nights in under a quilt and woolly tights - yummy cosy winterness.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colours - and look at your knitting - it's so complicated and gorgeous! You are clever Emma!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma