designer maker : knitted chairs by Melanie Porter

designer maker : knitted chairs by Melanie Porter | Emma Lamb

I was catching up with some of my blog reading this morning when I found these fabulous chairs by the extremely talented Melanie Porter on the decor8 blog...


Melanie is based here in the UK, and after spending ten years as a knitwear designer she turned her hand to making these stunning one off furniture pieces. Each chair is salvaged from antique auctions and markets here in the UK. She then starts the process of stripping each one back to it's frame before restoring and re-upholstering them with textured hand knit panels, she even crochets each of the wee button covers herself!

designer maker : knitted chairs by Melanie Porter | Emma Lamb
designer maker : knitted chairs by Melanie Porter | Emma Lamb
designer maker : knitted chairs by Melanie Porter | Emma Lamb

Seriously, how cosy do they look!? Oh how I would love to have one of these in every room and maybe even a customised dog bed for the wee man!

Have a great Monday :)

Emma, x

Follow me! Follow my pins! Follow me on Instagram Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Ravelry Subscribe to my posts via Bloglovin Subscribe to my posts via RSS

12 comments

  1. Wow! Just how amazing are those chairs?! beautiful work, and what patience she must have! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how amazing...and I adore the colours...
    I think I want all of them...
    I can't even imagine how hard that would be to do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great idea! I love to see how people upcycle old furniture--never seen anyone use knitting before! They just need one of your granny cushions on them and they'd be all set :)

    Speaking of granny cushions, so glad you liked the little feature on my blog--I didn't get very many comments, so I thought maybe I'd scared everyone off with my bad puns!

    Glad you had a nice time with your in-laws. Ted and I just got our marriage license today, and our rings came back from the engraver, so it's feeling all very official!

    Talk to you soon,
    xo,
    Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first one is my absolute favourite. Just gorgeous.

    That chair and one of your cushions. Textile chic to the extreme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buy just looking at these lovely chairs, i could really tell that these will give you the comfort that you wanted to have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ilove the white knitted chair so elegant in style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Emma, thanks for your comments on flickr. Your work's adorable and your blog's equally great. I'm looking forward to a nice read through. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh man! These are amazing Emma! I have a real thing for well designed quirky chairs! Well spotted - I bet they are a fortune though!! P.S. Say a big hello to your boy for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. glamor and fashionable. I think i want to have like these for my new baby room.

    I hope there could also be knitted bed, that can't be impossible, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love these! Especially the white one with all the lovely textures. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just amazing....thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for visiting my blog!

I would love for you to join in the discussion and share your opinions but please do your utmost to keep all comments polite and constructive. Please do not use this comments section as a way of self promotion, such comments will be considered as spam and will not be published.

I shall do my best to answer any questions when I am able but if you have any urgent enquiries please do email me at - emmallamb [at] gmail [dot] com

Emma